Warning signs in adults
- Two or more new cases of sinusitis within one year without allergy symptoms.
- One case of pneumonia per year, over a period of two or more years.
- Chronic diarrhoea with weight loss.
- Recurrent viral infections (flu-like infections, herpes, warts, condyloma).
- Recurrent need for antibiotics to treat infections.
- Recurrent, deep abscesses of the skin or internal organs.
- Persistent fungal infection of the skin or other areas.
- Inflammation caused by otherwise harmless micro-organisms (e.g. atypical mycobacteria).
- Immune deficiencies in blood relatives.